Vehicle Body Fitter (VC)
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
£31, 312 Basic and Overtime
Vehicle Body Fitter/ Vehicle Engineer/Coach Mechanic
Leicester Full time Permanent Days/Nights shift rotas
Salary per annum £31,312 + overtime rate
With Excellent benefits
Our client operates around one of the largest transport operators in the UK with a fleet of approximately 5,800 buses. An excellent opportunity has arisen for Vehicle Body Fitter/ Vehicle Engineer you will undertake the repair and maintenance of vehicle bodywork, carry out routine bodywork inspections and servicing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
The role of a Vehicle Body Fitter/ Vehicle Engineer will include: -
• Diagnose vehicle faults and specify
• Carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
• Record individual job times for the repair action either manually or electronically.
• Ensure parts replaced under warranty are returned to stores fully labelled and in a clean condition.
• Ensure all parts are booked out from stores using the correct procedure.
• Adhere to good housekeeping practices including general tidiness in the workshop and the return of all tools and equipment to their designated place.
• Carry out routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable, in accordance to central engineering SOPs and VOSA testing requirements.
• Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries.
• Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to determine specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair. Technical Knowledge and Training:
Qualifications /skills required
• Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
• Welding experience preferable.
• Must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence.